Work areas and objectives 2016
The Dgroups Foundation board will continue to fulfill its responsibilities across nine work areas:
- 1. Strengthening the Partnership
- 2. Platform improvement
- 3. Service reliability
- 4. Users’ support for optimum use of the platform
- 5. Engagement with current partners
- 6. Marketing and outreach
- 7. Governance and administration
- 8. Finance
- 9. Monitoring and evaluation
1. Strengthening the Partnership – Lead: Neil
1.1 We shall launch the Dgroups Directory
1.2 We shall create a visual map of Dgroups
1.3 We shall consult with Partners on how Dgroups can contribute to the development of the Community Cloud
2. Platform improvement – Lead: Saskia Harmsen
2.1 To maintain facilitation of [redesign]
2.2 To maintain spreadsheet on functionality issues
2.3 To successfully implement FAO-funded improvements
2.4 To successfully implement UNISDR-funded improvements
3.1 We shall maintain service reliability at or very near to 100%.
3.2 Train Hapee de Groot to provide deputisation in event of emergency.
4. Users’ support for optimum use of the platform – Lead: Pier Andrea Pirani
4.1 We shall develop and provide at least one Dgroups educational video in collaboration with European Centre for Development and Policy Management.
5. Engagement with current partners – Lead: Pier Andrea Pirani
5.1 We shall develop and implement a survey and interview series to assess views of Partners with regards to Dgroups and future development of the Partnership.
6. Marketing and outreach – Lead: Dady Demby
6.1 Encourage all Dgroups Partners to include the Dgroups logo on their websites.
6.2 Promote and provide support for at least one presentation on Dgroups at a physical conference and at least one presentation on Dgroups at a web conference.
6.3 Prepare a 30-second “microphone pitch”.
6.4 FARA to deliver two presentations in Nigeria (February 2016) and Rwanda (June 2016).
6.5 Market Dgroups to French audience.
7. Governance and administration – Lead: Neil Pakenham-Walsh
7.1 We shall seek further opportunities to further strengthen the Dgroups Board, including gender and geographical balance. (The Dgroups Statutes allows for up to 9 Board members and the Board currently has 7 members.)
8. Finance – Lead: Krishan Bheenick
8.1 We shall prevent cash flow issues, due to members not paying the contributions on time. To prevent this, invoices will be sent in Q2 2016 (instead of Q3 or Q4 as done in previous years)
8.2 We shall recruit at least 4 new Full Partners (and/or income equivalent number of Associate Partners) to bring us back into positive balance.
9. Monitoring and evaluation – Lead: Sean Furey
9.1 Improve availability and usefulness of statistics relating to Dgroups overall and to individual Dgroups
9.2 Develop 3 case studies (relating to Dgroups partners) to demonstrate benefits of membership of Dgroups
9.3 Share at least one example of a Dgroups user survey and results, which may be adapted for use by other Dgroups.